STS puts a huge emphasis on sport. We aim to create an awareness of the crucial importance of regular physical activity and fitness, teamwork and a keen, positive competitive spirit, and of carrying these forward into adulthood. In our view, nothing equips children better for life than participation in sport.
- Sport is compulsory for all our students from every grade (Pre K-6), and on a daily basis. Our Physical Education and Sports component is modeled on the over all development of pupils.
- STS aims to create a progressive and systematic approach to Physical Education, and higher development in sports training at the school level.
The programme for the different age / grade levels is as follows
- Kindergarten to Grade 4: Basics of speed development skills / gross movement patterns / fun with sports and fitness.
- Grades 5 & 6: Exposure to multiple sports / track & field.
- Identification of proficiency in any particular sport or game.
- Specialized focus on the sport or game of choice.
We teach younger children how to train the various systems of the human body (e.g. the Balance system, Power system, Strength system, etc.) using various fun activities like the Climbing Wall (for strength and balance) and speed and agility drills (to enhance performance in their chosen sports).
- An Adventure Course runs through the school. It is designed to challenge the child’s physical fitness, co-ordination as well as individual and team sportsmanship.
- Trained coaches guide children in team and individual sports like cricket, football, basketball, tennis, table tennis as well as athletics.
- Annual Sports day applaud spirit and skills on sports field and healthy inter house competition. All students expected to participate in at least one event. The school band “Brilliant Brass of STS" performs at this and other occasion